Sunday, January 5, 2014

2014: A New Year, A New Me

I'm determined for this to be a new year for me.  Every one has their own New Year's Resolutions, for me,  I just want to be a better version of myself.  I want to be happier, healthier.  I want to be able to let the little things go, not be bothered by the things I cannot change.

As I mentioned in a prior post, a tornado destroyed a Washington, IL, a city very near to us mid-November.  Several weeks ago, I went to help out (I work for a State Farm agent) in an agent's office in Washington.  It was an eye opener, hearing people's stories of what they went through, witnessing the destruction first hand and the strength of the people in the city.  They want to rebuild, stay put. It makes you realize how you should never take anything for granted.  Washington Strong.




Along with the holidays, I've baked many, many dozens of cookies, tried some new recipes. Tonight I made Crockpot Italian Chicken which was quite good. 


 It was very simple.  4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  8 oz softened cream cheese. 2 cans cream of chicken soup. 1 packet dried, zesty Italian dressing. Cook on low for 4 hours.  Voila!

Along with the New Year and new crafts and recipes comes a new, healthier me!  I have been sick with a nasty cold/flu since the first of the year so I wasn't able to start "on time" but this year I'm determined to rid myself of extra weight I've been carrying for far too long.  Today I completed 50 squats, 25 mountain climbers, 50 crunches (25 regular and 25 reverse), 10 burpees and ran in place for 10 minutes.  It was tiring but I feel good so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment