Sunday, November 10, 2013

Betty Crocker Strikes Again!

Today was another day that stayed pretty busy.  I raked and burned leaves today; somewhere along the line, I smashed two fingers, sliced open my thumb and made both arms go numb. But I (along with  my dad) finished both the front and back yard. So..SUCCESS! My dad's lab, Daisy, and my lab, Harley, weren't much help.






Once I was done outside, my need to cook/bake struck again.  For dinner I made ranch hamburgers.  They are pretty easy to make; with so many people eating I used 3 lbs of hamburger, 2 packets of Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix and 2 eggs. Just mix it all together, make your patties and cook!  It turned out pretty good. You can't go wrong with a hamburger!

For dessert, I made Apple Pie Cookies.  I mentioned them in yesterdays post and gathered up the ingredients and went to work!


For those of you that would like the recipe, you can find the link here.  They are incredibly easy to make but it is very messy!  I would definitely recommend having a cookie cutter on hand. I couldn't find mine and ended up using a glass jar and that was no fun! They were getting stuck in the jar and getting them out was a chore!  Also make sure you either spray your cookie sheets A LOT or use parchment paper.  I just sprayed them and as you can see, it was very messy and the caramel/apple filling stuck to the sheet.  I ended up with 17 out of my pie crust so they are more bite size but still...YUMMY!!

I also forgot to post about another dinner I made earlier in the week.  It's so easy and delicious so I thought I would share.  It's just boneless, skinless chicken breasts (not frozen), chopped/diced red tomato or your choice of vegetable (I either use canned green beans; reg or french cut -or peas) and one packet of dry Italian salad dressing mix.  I use a 9x13 glass pan and get either 3-4 chicken breasts in the pan.  Lay your chicken in the middle, your veggies on one side and your red potatoes on the other.  Melt one stick of butter and pour it over the entire pan and then sprinkle the package of Italian dressing mix all over it as well.  (I stir it in to the potatoes and vegetables).  Bake at 350 for an hour.  The recipe calls to cover with foil but I always end up cooking it longer if I use the foil so I do not.  It may take longer than an hour depending on how you chop your potatoes and how big your chicken breasts are.  I've cooked my dinners anywhere between 1 hr and 1.5 hrs but I like my potatoes to be a bit crispy if I can! =)
It's a really good dinner if you just want to throw something together!

No comments:

Post a Comment