Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Four Score & Seven Years Ago...

is how long it feels since I've done anything with my blog! I do feel really bad about it but unfortunately, life gets in the way and I get a little busy. Sometimes lazy.  To be fair, I did go without internet for a couple days...but, excuses, excuses. No more! I do have a bit to update though!  I tried a couple new recipes that I want to share and I have been having some ideas from some DIY projects for Christmas ideas (and for myself!)...But where to start...? Last week I did make some really yummy M&M cake bar brownies. They were really good, stayed really moist but were gone within the day!





 You will need:
1 box yellow or white cake mix (I opted for yellow)
1 (3.4oz) box instant vanilla pudding
1/4 cup water
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 cup choco chips (I substituted mini M&Ms)

Preheat oven to 350 F.
Spray 9x13 pan w/cooking spray and set aside
Combine all the ingredients together in one large bowl. The mixture will be very thick.
Pour mixture into the large bowl (it appears to be a very thin layer but it is okay!)
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are a nice golden brown.  The center will not look to be done but that just means it is done! 

 
 

 I also tried a 3 ingredient BBQ pork dinner in the crockpot last Friday. Came out to mixed reviews. I thought it was too BBQ-ey but my husband loved it as is.  All you take is a pork tenderloin, one can of root beer and a bottle of BBQ sauce (I chose Sweet Baby Rays). Cook the pork and root beer on low heat for 6 hours, take pork out and shred it (set aside your liquid in the crock pot) and empty the BBQ sauce in the crock pot with the pork. I heated the BBQ mixture up for about 10 minutes on low before serving.  I saw there are a couple of different variations of the recipe that I will try also.  I'd love to know if anyone has a good BBQ recipe! Please share if you do!

Ok..one more recipe! And I think I saved the best for last on this one! It's my new new favorite (sorry, Grandma) chocolate chip cookie recipe!

2 1/4 cups flour
1 t baking soda
1 cup soft butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 package instant vanilla pudding
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
1 bag choco chips

Preheat oven to 350F.
Stir flour and baking together in small bowl and set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar.
Beat in instant pudding until blended. 
Stir in eggs & vanilla.
Blend in flour mixture and then choco chips.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.


Again, these stay soft and gooey and are too-die-for good!


I know I said I've been crafting also but that post will have to wait for tomorrow! I decided to go full speed ahead "housewife" tonight and have started more household chores than I can probably finish tonight. Early morning for this wanna-be Betty Crocker!

No comments:

Post a Comment